Sunday 4 September 2011

Exclusive Online Media Interview with the Veteran Actress Ms Ellen Thomas

By Teju Ibukunoluwa

The long awaited prestigious event is drawing near, An Audience With A Celebrity! showcasing the Top Veteran Actress, Entertainment Icon and TV/Film personality, MS ELLEN THOMAS!. Here is the recent Online Media Interview with her. Enjoy!



OM: When did your Acting career start? Was it something you always wanted to do or something you just drifted into?


ET: I started acting over many years ago. I started as a ballet dancer, doing small saturday shows for family and friends. When I was 12 years  old my ballet teacher told me I was good enough to try and make a career of ballet dancing. I was blown away, to my 12 year old mind to make a career and get paid for doing something i loved was incredible.

          

OM:Tell us about your very first movie. We were told that you are also quite versatile with Comedy, is it true?

ET: The first movie I did was " BLACK JOY" I was at drama/ballet college and we were given permission to audition for paid
work during the Easter, Summer, and Xmas holidays. I was chosen to play a small speaking role in the film BLACK JOY.

OM: Have you done any movies outside UK? Which one? Where? And what was the experience like?

ET: The movie I remember doing outside the UK was " SECRET LAUGHTER OF WOMEN" which starred Colin Firth and
Nia Long. it was set in the African expats community in the south of France. We filmed in Grasse near Cannes.
The expereince was priceless, as far as the cast and crew were concerned. The Producers and the Director on the other 
hand was a different story all together.

OM: The African Caribbean Community in the UK recommended you to the organizers of ‘An Audience With A Celebrity’! hence you are to be to Honored for your Professional achievements in the industry and your contributions as a Role Model within the community at the debut of this spectacular event, which also happens to be the very first of its kind in African/Caribbean UK Community. Did you see this coming? How do you feel about such an honor?

ET: AAWAC is by far the most exciting event this year. I am speechless and humbled by the honour. I am Thankful to God
for it is only by His Grace and Mercy that I have been blessed with this honour.
AAWAC is especially significant and valuable to me because, its coming from the African and Caribbean community.
OM: What is your opinion about the up-coming event and your expectations at ‘An Audience with a Celebrity’!? Do you think it’s a good concept to be looked forward too?

ET: I am so excited by the AAWAC honour I can barely contain my excitement, especially as somany of my actor collegues
and friends, movie directors, writers, models are all going to be in attendance on the 9th of September 2011. I am over-whelmed by the 
level of love and support I'm receiving from everyone. Its a huge blessing. I give Thanks.
AAWAC is clearly a great concept for our African and Caribbean Community especially as it being produced by a professional team headed by the phenomenal Princess Deun & Teju Ibukunoluwa. I hope and pray the AAWAC brand goes from strength to strength.

OM: You will be sharing the ‘Secrets of your Success’ at the AAWAC event, without letting out too much, what kind of impact do you think it will have on people especially the youth?

ET: The secret of my success, is like all other truths, its very simple. By The Grace of God, I will reveal it on the 9th of Sept. 
 


OM: Can you describe yourself in One Word?



ET: One word that discribes Ellen Thomas has to be " LIMITLESS " the possibilities for being my authentic self are endless
I am limitless, and abundantly blessed. Interestingly I believe 'everyone' has that ability,  it is God given, choosing to
express it is our individual divine right.

OM: If you could change one thing in your past, what might that be?



ET: Regrets ? NONE. I wouldnt change anything in my past.... all the events, people, situations  etc, good and not so good, brought me to this place and time and this Honour.





CLICK TO VIEW ELLEN THOMAS' SHOWREEL



Clips on 'Coming of age' and 'Eastenders' - Click to View


















Source: FemtejKreationsMedia.blogspot.com Courtsey of 'Andience With A Celebrity'!

No comments: